What is Queer Reader?
“Queer Reader” is a book club at Epilogue that aims to provide an affirming and accessible space for LGBTQIA+ readers to come together to discuss queer literature. Each month, we’ll pick a queer book by a queer author to read and discuss together as a community.
One of the goals of this book club is to create a community where LGBTQIA+ folks can gather to, yes, discuss books, but also to forge connections in a low-pressure, laid-back environment with other queer people in their area.
We typically meet the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm.
About your host:
I’m in! What are we reading?
- January 24: Memorial by Bryan Washington
- February 21: I Keep my Exoskeletons to Myself by Marisa Crane
- March 12: Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
- April 25: Dreaming of You by Melissa Lozada-Oliva
- May 23: A World Between by Emily Hashimoto
- June 20: Lesbian Love Story by Amelia Possanza
- July 25: The Fifth Wound by Aurora Mattia
- August: Briefly, a Delicious Life by Nell Stevens
- September: In The Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
- October: Tell Me I’m Worthless by Alison Rumfitt
- November: Afterparties: Stories by Anthony Veasna So
What do I have to do to participate?
You can grab a ticket on our events page! Each ticket includes a drink or a pastry. From there, all you have to do is show up. 🙂