We are actively seeking passionate and creative individuals who love the smell of baked goods as much as we do. We prefer those with food service experience, but a combination of customer service experience and a passion for food counts! We have a staff diverse in age, gender, race, language, and class; all are welcome here.
HARD REQUIREMENT: AT LEAST 9 MONTHS OF BARISTA EXPERIENCE
NOTE: We are looking for as much availability as possible. This is retail so some weekend availability definitely required. Bonus points if you are available nights. 🙂
Please read the below job description. If this is something you want to pursue please click on the below link to answer the screening questions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide friendly, consistent, and accurate customer service;
- Clean-up of tables between customers;
- Prepare drinks and pastries
- Maintain coffee machine cleanliness between uses;
- Prepare and maintain chocolate for various uses;
- Stock/Re-Stock counter supplies;
- Maintain counter equipment and keep the counter clean; and,
- Occasionally fry or cook doughs prepared by Food Preparation Lead or Associate;
- Wash dishes
- Clean bathrooms or other areas as needed
- Be a kick ass teammate!
- High school diploma or equivalent; and,
- 9 months barista experience.
- Experience with electronic cash registers, Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office software, and standard office equipment;
- ServSafe Certified;
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Customer Service Skills: Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments;
- Interpersonal Skills: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others’ ideas and try new things; have an appreciation and respect for people of all races, genders, sexual orientation, socio-economic class, etc.;
- Oral Communication: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions;
- Problem Solving Skills: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information; develop alternative solutions; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
- Professionalism: Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments; and
- Productivity: Complete work in a timely manner; and strive to increase productivity.
- Retail hours (min. 20 per week desired): Nights, weekends, early mornings and some holidays
- Frequent need to lift at least fifty (50) pounds;
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Frequent need for oral, written and auditory communication;
- Frequent mobility to move about the kitchen and chocolatería; and
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions.
What We Offer
- Our employees have access to Advanced Reader’s Copies the store receives.
- Our employees receive a discount on books, food, and beverages they purchase.
- We pay a living wage in congruence with Orange County’s standards.
- All employees are offered health care, dental, and vision benefits as well as a select number of paid personal days.
- Full-time Leadership receive paid time off for vacation.
- Many on our staff are poets, writers, directors, artists, teachers, and activists. You’re sure to find kindred spirits here.
- There is the opportunity to meet many fascinating authors and writers as they tour through Chapel Hill.